Protestors target Hong Kong metro in arson attack
Protestors in Hong Kong targeted the city's metro system on Sunday, going on an arson spree in the Wan Chai district.
The mobs resorted to this vandalism a week ago by setting ablaze a Central MTR station exit and causing extensive damage to numerous MTR stations.
Repairs for the damage stood at HK$10 million. In the past two weeks alone, about 90 stations were vandalized.
Senior government officials and MTR management condemned the attack on the city's metro system that serves millions of people on a daily basis.
- Sept 18 Incident memorialized across China
- National Day holiday travel forecast unveiled
- Museums partner to issue 'passport' to visitors
- 42 significant contributors honored medals and titles
- Chongqing woman, 53, finishes grueling desert race
- Beijing Daxing finishes another round of test flights